Appointments - The normal consultation time is 10 minutes
Where you have a medically urgent condition, we offer an appointment system that allows you to ring on the morning of the day that you want to be seen. Patients with urgent conditions should call as soon as possible after 8.00am. Where available and appropriate, you will be offered an appointment with our Minor Illness Nurse or our Nurse Practitioner. For patients requesting a same day GP appointment, Reception will take your details and a GP will call you back as soon as possible to discuss your needs and arrange the most appropriate treatment.
If you want to pre-book an appointment for a routine or non-urgent consultation, you can do so up to 1 week in advance either by telephone or via the on-line booking system. We allocate about 65% of our GP capacity to pre-bookable appointments in order to provide as much choice as possible. Please note at times we may need to reduce the number of available appointments that are pre-bookable in order to manage peaks in demand. E.g. on Monday, post bank holiday, or during school holidays and when we have unexpected absences. An appointment should also only be used to discuss one medical condition.
Extended hours appointments with a range of clinicians are offered on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 0730 and 0800. These need to be prebooked.
Note: Each appointment is for one patient only.
The doctor’s surgery times are as follows:
- Early Morning - 7.30AM - 8AM. Pre-booked appointments with a range of clinicians are offered on a Tuesday (SGMC), Wednesday (CMC) and Thursday (SGMC), Friday (SGMC).
- Morning – 8.30am – 11am
- Early Afternoon – 2pm – 4pm
- Late Afternoon – 3pm – 5.50pm
- Evenings – 6.30pm – 7pm (Telephone consultations on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Out of Hours – The practice is supported by the Out of Hours GP service. If you have a medical condition that requires GP attention, outside of the surgery hours, you should contact the Out of Hours Service on 111.
For routine enquiries, please call after 10AM when lines are less busy.
On the second Wednesday afternoon of every month the Doctors will be partaking in mandatory education sessions to keep their knowledge up to date. As a result there will be limited capacity for appointments on these afternoons. Please bear this in mind when booking appointments
Click here for a diagram of the SGMC and CMC Appointments System.